உங்கள் அனைவருக்கும் மனமார்ந்த நன்றிகள்
Our sincere and heartfelt thanks to you all for making 'Bramikkum Pongal' a grand success. We also extend our special thanks to all those members who personally reached out to our Executive Committee members to express their appreciation of the event.
The front desk decorations, food, photo shoots, program selection, the energy and enthusiasm of all the participants who performed and Pattimandram were enjoyed and appreciated by each and every attendee. The Pattimandram speakers from India along with our local speakers made the entire auditorium a riot of laughter.
The Executive Committee had very little time after "Therikkum Deepavali" in planning for this event, in spite of that all the team members worked really hard to present such a grand event and we, the EC members take pride in promoting Tamil Culture by presenting such a quality event without deviating a bit from our tradition and culture.
Michigan Tamil Sangam history
வருடம் 1975. கணினி, அலைபேசி, டாட் காம் ஆக்கிரமிப்பு, பெருகிய கணிப்பொறி வேலை வாய்ப்புகளினால் குடியேறிய இந்தியக் குடும்பங்கள் இவை அனைத்திற்கும் முற்பட்ட காலம். வளர்ந்து கொண்டிருந்த டெட்ராய்ட் நகரத்தில் சில தமிழ்க் குடும்பங்கள் ஒரு வீட்டின் நிலவறையில் ஒன்று கூடி, நம்முடைய பண்பாடு, கலாச்சாரம், மொழி ஆகியவற்றை பாதுகாக்கவும், அடுத்த தலைமுறைக்கு கொண்டு செல்லவும் ஒரு ஸ்திரமான அமைப்பு வேண்டும் என்று தீர்மானித்து உருவானதுதான் இன்றைய மிச்சிகன் தமிழ் சங்கம். அது இன்றைக்கும் அதனுடைய அடிப்படை கொள்கை மற்றும் கோட்ப்பாடுகளில் இருந்து விலகாமல், அனைத்து தமிழ் குடும்பங்களையும் இணைக்கும் ஒரு பாலமாக செயல்பட்டு, மென்மேலும் வளர்ந்து வருகிறது.
The year was 1975, long before computers, cellphones, dot-com revolution and the influx of immigrants. In this growing city of Detroit, a group of Tamil speaking friends met in a basement and decided to form a grass roots organization, to preserve and nurture our tradition and values for the future generation. Thus was born Tamil Sangam, Michigan as a non-profit organization, with no religious or political alignment. Over the successful past years, the core objective has remained the same - "Preserve and Nurture the Tamil language, culture and arts in Michigan, in a unique social atmosphere".
Advertisement Tariff 2016-2017
Empowerment through Education
ABC Education Initiative in Namakkal District
TNF Michigan Chapter and Tamil Sangam Michigan
- Initiated in February 2015, in six government schools in Sengarai, Mullukkuruchi, Kalappanayakkanpatti, Vazhavandhi Nadu and Erumaipatti villages in Namakkal district.
- Four of these schools are government tribal residential schools and the beneficiaries from all six schools come from underprivileged rural communities.
- 440 (10th grade) students were empowered with two days of soft skills (self confidence, time management, motivation, communication skills) training that will help them with public exams and career progression.
- 612 students were identified by their class teachers as performing far below their grade level and are currently enrolled in ABC classes that are conducted, with your donation, to achieve grade level proficiency, successfully pass high school and not become school dropouts.
- 3 U.S.-born youth volunteered in these schools.
- Personal hygiene, spoken English and career guidance are being added to the ABC model.
- Plans are being developed to make Namakkal a TNF internship center for U.S.-born Tamil youth.
For complete details on the positive impact of your generosity through this project, please visit TNF-ABC Project Namakkal District
If you are an existing member, your membership has expired as of June 30,
2016 and you will have to renew. Since we have a new website with new database
for registrations, every member has to re-register with their updated details.
New memberships are valid from July 2016- June 2017. Please
CLICK HERE TO JOIN TAMIL SANGAM MICHIGAN
Please click here to like our Facebook link
Tamil Sangam App
We are proud to release an App for our own Tamil Sangam. Android App and iPhone App are available now.